Cranberry Cookies: 10 minutes
¼ cup (65 mL) margarine
½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
1 tbsp. (15 mL) honey
1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
½ tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
1 cup (250 mL) chopped cranberries
¾ cup (190 mL) old-fashioned quick rolled oats (oatmeal)
1 tsp. (5 mL) orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the margarine, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Add the egg whites, and keep beating.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add to the first mixture.
- Add the cranberries, oatmeal, and orange zest, and mix thoroughly.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough on the baking sheet, and bake for approximately 10 min. Let the cookies cool before serving.